Thread: Race Mexico Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3776608)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From the official F1 site:

Fri 27 Oct – Sun 29 Oct 2017
Practice 1 - Fri - 10:00 – 11:30 Practice 2 - Fri - 14:00 – 15:30 Practice 3 - Sat - 10:00 – 11:00 Qualifying - Sat - 13:00 – 14:00 Race - Sun - 13:00 – 15:00In 2016, Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen all topped the times in FP sessions, which indicates the potential for a mixed bag of results this weekend.
Qualifying saw Mercedes dominant, with RBR behind them in formation. The Ferraris were pipped by a Force India - something that looks unlikely this year and it is expected that Ferrari may have the outright pace this year and will be the team to beat. Some are predicting that Mercedes could struggle, and possibly find themselves behind Ferrari and RBR?

Aero has proven to be of utmost importance in previous events here, and with the tricky Stadium section, does this give the chance for McLaren to score good points. Or will one of the other midfield teams make a strong showing and get amongst the places Hamilton is looking for to clinch the title?

Extensive quotes can be found here. Highlights regarding the race prospects include:

Hartley - 'It's a tricky venue for the engineers, as the high altitude plays havoc on downforce and cooling, but from a driving point of view it's a great track and one I really enjoy'

Wolff - 'It will be important to be at the very top of our game if we want to get the job done.'

Grosjean - 'Brake cooling is an issue because of the air density. From there, we also have very little downforce because we’re at altitude. I guess the biggest thing for us to feel is the downforce loss. The biggest challenge for the car is the cooling.'

Hulkenberg - 'It has a lot of tricky corner combinations which look simple but are extremely technical. It’s certainly not an easy lap.'

Taffin [Renault] - 'The thinner air means the turbo has to spin at a higher rate to input enough oxygen into the ICE, it actually spins around 8 percent more in Mexico than in Abu Dhabi. Equally, fuel consumption over one lap is quite low so energy recovery is less critical in Mexico than at other circuits.'

Vijay Mallya - 'We have more updates coming for the VJM10 as we continue to push hard with development late into the season, which should give us an extra performance step this weekend.'

Alonso - 'It will surely be a challenging weekend for us as I’m expecting to start from the back of the grid due to the engine issue we had in Austin. It’s also a track where we often struggle with traffic, which makes overtaking difficult.'