View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3603186)   #27
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad to see how diverse your entries have been. So here's a few words about each of them.

AoB: Effective job ironing out the unnecessary twists with fairly simple ideas. I feel like some corners could still use some opening up, but all in all very much what I was looking for.

SKG: Probably the most original effort of the bunch. Very drastic change whilst still retaining some character of the original. Looks like a blast to race on.

rubaru: This must be most like what I would have done to the track myself. Keeping the basic layout fairly intact, but smoothing out the worst bits. Pit lane solution and top most corners runoff do look quite hazardous though.

Szisz: For sure the most efficient design here. Overall flow would surely be vastly improved, but not too sure about if it helps to create better racing.

SBF: I really like the way you connected different parts of the original to create something that looks so very different. (can't say I'm surprised about the direction change ) This would indeed be easier to overtake on. Still I feel like it would have benefitted of having a fast corner somewhere.

Very hard decision to make, since I wish that I could take the best bits of every design and mash them together. This time I'll have to go with rubaru, because the overall concept is a very nice compromise of all the criteria I set. Just few tweaks to a couple of spots (mainly the area around the pit lane) and it would be my ideal Kymi Ring.