Old 29 May 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3737115)   #107
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've been watching racing all day but I had to cut it out for family and packing for a trip.

I see Chase was taken out by not fault of his own so I don't how much time I'll be watching the last race on the single greatest day in motor racing.

Edit: tuning in to see 58 laps to go in stage 2. How many laps to finish? They won't show that so they can keep me hooked? I think I see through their ploy now! [emoji23]

Edit x2. Lightning in the area. Red Flag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Austin Dillon takes the #3 back to victory lane and gets his first win. Good for him and Mr. Childress.
I'm not a fan of these glorified "heat races". I'd rather see them just run the full race, like they always have in the past. I watched the whole race. I played it smart, since the weather was threatening for the entire day here, after I got home from Church, I took a nap. Got up at 5:00 pm. had a bite to eat then watched the Pre-race show and then into the coverage for the race. Gut told me that there would be a rain delay, that would last around 1 1/2 to two hours and that the race would run long into the evening, early morning and I was right. Had I not taken the nap, I doubt seriously, that I would have made it to the end of the race. It is unfortunate that NASCAR has allowed sponsors and TV networks to dictate race starting times. This is the longest race of the season and it SHOULD NOT be run at night! NO 400, 500 or 600 mile race should be run at night! Fine with short tracks, where they run lap numbers instead of miles and fine for a superspeedway, like Phoenix, where they run 300 some odd miles, instead of 400 to 500 miles. Those races are short enough that baring rain or extended red flags, for accidents, finish at a reasonable time. This race NEEDS to revert back to it's original afternoon starting time!!! Had it started in the afternoon, like it did for most of it' history, it would have been finished, well before the rains/thunderstorms came! PUT THE 600 BACK TO AN AFTERNOON START TIME!

Happy for Austin Dillon getting his first win! He and Johnson gambled and the gamble for him, paid off, it didn't for Johnson! No doubt that Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch (What an childish JERK, his post race interview and microphone drop were inexcusable) were faster and were closing FAST. But Dillon was able to hang on and win. Yeah, bad luck for Chase, he seems to be "snake bitten", just can't catch a break, same with Ryan Blaney. They will both get wins, soon, they just need a change of luck. While I don't care for "fuel mileage" races, this one was interesting, seeing if Dillon could hang on or if the two rocket ships, of Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch would overhaul and pass him in the last lap and a half.