View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3600632)   #22
richardracer
Rookie

richardracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardracer View Post
Hello there,

This is Richard Stok. As mentioned above, I bought the MgbGT shell off Pete Robertson and built it up as a V8 rally cross car for 1978 season with a Jag e type IRS with low ratio diff at rear and Triumph Vitesse front suspension. We made fiberglass doors and tailgate from Pete's moulds and use fiberglass front wings and bonnet. The flared rear arches looked like a Quattro and were in Stella courtesy of Pete's original. Strong and easy to repair. Engine evolved from ex scrapper on SU carbs to efi before TR8 and Vitesse. Solid lifters and crane cam, as described above. We quickly broke a Rover 3500s box and replaced it with a 4 speed Jag box, before SD1 boxes became available.

I have a photo record of the build (pre digital era) and a magazine article from the period. Loved that car, great traction off the line, but too heavy and not enough power. Oversteer on tap with back end roll centre too high.

If you are still interested, email me at richard@stok.co.uk.

Cheers

Richard Stok ( aka ricahrdracer)
Ps I raced at Brands Hatch in 79 and 80. Car was bright red and sponsored by Pop Rivets. Lots of white dots on the car ( all cut out farm Sticky back Fablon"
,)