View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3748145)   #13
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
I think it could work with the right level of support. Put it on the Grand Prix package along with an F2 world championship and sell it as a united TV deal - if you want to show F1, then you also have to show F2 and F3. Sundays are 3x GP's like in MotoGP, with the F3, F2 and F1 race. That would dramatically increase the exposure of the championship and might interest some real sponsors.

I'd love to see an open formula, but I think a good middle ground could be a new Dallara design that is frozen for a couple of seasons. Different engines should be possible right off the bat and could lead to factory supported MB, VW, Toyota and Honda junior teams.
Maybe there will be lots of arguments on engines. Now F3 cars carries a engine with a production model block, if R&D actions is allowed, it may brought up the expenses as many friends here are concerning about the costs. And I raised the idea to introduce a hybrid engine because it can cut costs on fuel and equip the drivers to adapt this system as major racing series are using hybrid engines.

I agreed some opinions that a junior single seater series should allow more driver competition than R&D works.

I agree a good promoter is a essential to cut unnecessary costs on travel different places. But I don't want F3 to tie with F1 and F2 as I wants the series can have some level of flexibility, like the current F3 European Championship are support races for DTM, WTCC, Spa 24 hours and WEC.

Last edited by smithhehehaha; 1 Jul 2017 at 16:58.