View Single Post
Old 5 May 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3731131)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To take this a little further:

The MRL Historic Touring Car Challenge originally catered for the pre 1986 Group A; Groups 1 and 2 from 1971-1981; and, Group 5 which I believe was a peculiarly British touring car regime from 1967 to 1970.

For last year they split it into Group A to 1986 and Turbo's up to 1600; Group 2; and, Group 5. The Tony Dron Trophy which runs as part of the HTCC is solely for Group 1 and 1B.

The theory was that the Sierras and M3s were too developed and thus to include them would preclude the entry for BMW 635s and Rovers etc. However the M3s are now permitted but the Sierras are not.

The Supertouring Challenge was developed to run Supertourers (I stand to be corrected). These are significantly expensive to run so they also catered for the post 1986 Group A cars. But as is the case for many series, they have now opened it up to Group 1 and 2 and all other Group A cars. Bit of a shame really because, for my money I'd love to see a grid full of Supertourers but it seems unlikely. Perhaps one of the problems is that prior to Supertouring you could run a car for more than a season and be competitive. With Supertourers a 1993 car will no longer be capable of running with a 1994 car.