Thread: Lola T 60 & 62
View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3020102)   #152
SteveTracy
Rookie

United States
Canton, CT
SteveTracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. Thanks so much for shedding some light on the history of this car! Dad fitted outboard pontoon tanks on the car as the bladders leaked badly by the time he got the car. MUCH appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKRACER View Post
I will confess I'm the idiot who cut off the end of the a Lola T62 to make into a SuperVee, in my younger and stupider days. At the time I bought it for approx $800 it was a roller, from a fellow in Marion Indiana. It did have rockers and inboard front suspension. He had bought it reportedly from Fred Opert Racing as a roller and hadn't done anything with it. It had allegedly been driven by Piers Courage in GB , altho there was no verification and at that time I only knew him as name I had read a little about. I got a little sponsorship from a local VW dealership and it was my plan to get a developed chassis without the development. It consequently went to a fellow in Cleveland who was going to autocross it and sounds like it went the NW. When I had it it did have the bags which were fragile and easily torn. I was told it was originally fitted with and MAE. I don't know the Chassis #, but hope this may shed some light on one of the chassis. you can PM me, I may have some photos and when I bought it. Again apoligize for my foolishness many years ago!