View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3145536)   #1878
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Just ignore what ugy has to say, he/she/it clearly wants to see the ST's fall over, which just won't happen

I do however have some concerns of a 'gentlemans' agreement between NZ and Aus that declares that the support category for NZ based V8 racing cars always have to be based on older models, and not packed with the same technology, and therefore slower, and more boring. Happy to be corrected if i am wrong here, but i have been privy to some evidence that suggests this is true. Which therefore means that the aussies are more than happy to race here in NZ, so long as any NZ based class does not outshine the supercars. The ST's will never outshine the SC's as the whole concept and development of the ST's is not in line (and therefore not trying to copy) what the SC people do, but one has to assume that having the ST's at the same event as the aussie COTF would not be favourable, which sucks really, as the supporting act should be NZ's top V8 motor racing category which is not the NZV8's

Like i say though happy to be corrected on this, no problems.

This is all just my speculation/wishful thinking.

I think enough can be done to differentiate between the two series, to illustrate who is boss. The Supertourers would only be allowed to run 10-15 lap races at 9am and 4pm etc etc

What also could be a factor is what other support series each V8 series could bring, NZV8 with TRS etc, ST with V8 Utes etc

As for repairing the relations between SC and ST, i think changing their media spokesman may have helped ST out :P