View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3814463)   #340
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I watched (just) the race on TV on Sunday so didn't see any of the before & after events so can't comment on what was used with/instead of girls.
My main reason for this was that I decided to watch all three BTCC races 'live' on TV and although I wasn't specifically looking for them did notice that there were no shots of the Grid Girls from Brands Hatch. Maybe, because of the weather there weren't any (although I'm sure I briefly glimpsed a girl holding a grid position board once). Usually it was an ITV 4 standard to show the cars arriving at their grid position shot to include the Grid Girl...
Similar to the BTCC media day at Donington, most teams didn't make use of their media girls. From the broadcast on Sunday, it appeared that one or two teams did have their girls on the grid, but the noticeable difference was that the cameraman didn't, as previously, pan up and down the young ladies.

And, Turkington stated to Louise on the grid that a piece of sticky tape on the windscreen that he was adjusting was so that he could line up in the right place on the grid without someone to hold up a board.