View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3352073)   #78
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Good points henners about the BBC doing a good show but losing interest. I would say that those at the top don't know what they're doing. They might not even be lining their own pockets as well in the future. F1 needs free-to-air to be popular. It's not like football which is more accessible.

Greed runs the world. Money makes things turn.

At least Sky provide decent customer service (no call centre from abroad; well, Scotland ).

But I have had to scale back and have had to cut Sky. I don't want to use that just .. in.. thing that was full of dead links, etc. But I want to watch them all live.
You are one of many people I have heard from lately who are cancelling their subscription because of factors, mostly involving the rising costs of living and the fact Sky really doesn't seem worth it. Sky F1 seem to put on a good show, but is it better than what the BBC put out when they are live? I am not really convinced on that even after watching races on both during the last 2 years. People blast on about the HD being better and it being played in Dolby and I really have to say, so what? I just want to watch the race and see the action, not worry about the slight difference in picture and sound quality.

I held out buying it mostly relying on streams which were standard definition quality. Every race I have wanted to watch that has been exclusive to Sky I have been able to watch live this way and I know some grumble at that, but I don't see why some of us should miss out.

The fact of the matter is £43.50 a month for a package that only gives you 10 live races a year really isn't worth it for me. I have better things to blow my money on and listening to Martin Brundle is way down my list lol. 2014 is another year where I will make do with what is available and have more money in my pocket as a result. You can't fault that.