View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3352308)   #86
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Well we have different experiences then. I've watched GP and rugby in a moving car via a tablet and tethered phone (only 3G) and it has been very good. I actually go in via the sports app, but I assume that is just the same as sky go in terms of streaming.
The sky box is good too for catch up downloads and, of course, in very good quality. I have pants broadband too.
I've had a sky go login since the end of 2011 and have used it via my laptop and ipad. I've used both in various locations and found the service unpredictable. Buffering is my main annoyance. I think something is very wrong when you can watch a stream coming out of Bulgaria that is both constant and provides better picture quality than the official sky service.

I certainly wouldn't entertain paying a monthly fee to sky for their online service based on this past experience I must say. I tried to use sky go for one GP and just under 20 minutes into the race it stopped working and an apology message came up. I wasn't the only person at that time after discussing it with other forumers. So no my experience has been OK but not brilliant and I'm glad I wasn't paying for it. If I was one of those people who were paying monthly for the two races they had that month, I would have been getting the money back.

Sky have a long way to go with their online content if they want to catch up with other top broadcasters and with the profits they make, it really shouldn't have been this bad for this long. Sky aren't the only company to offer catchup and downloads now either. My FreeSat box does all that with no monthly fee and enables you to use the internet and download apps if ever you feel the need. I don't, but its there. The only thing Sky offer that others don't is exclusive rights to certain programs. The service aside from that is way behind the likes of Virgin for instance. They still charge a premium for HD too which I can't understand.