View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3352518)   #92
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Here is a good blog I follow and analyses just about every aspect of the coverage in an impartial sort of way:

http://f1broadcasting.wordpress.com/...ease-slightly/

It seems both channels had an increase in the first half of last year but the second half suffered possibly due to the boring season. The BBC remained popular though and basically made sure F1 was even worth a mention in the UK. Sky lost 12% of their viewers overall in 2013 when compared to the year before which is a hell of a lot in the grand scheme of things.
There doesn't seem to be any consideration given to the fact that Sky changed their packages relating to how F1 could be viewed. How much of that 12% was able to view but chose not to, how much was due to package change in the knowledge that they'd lose F1 coverage.
That 12% isn't that clear cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post

The fact of the matter is £43.50 a month for a package that only gives you 10 live races a year really isn't worth it for me. I have better things to blow my money on and listening to Martin Brundle is way down my list .
Personal choice, but for accuracy £43.50 gives you access to 35 entertainment channels and 6 Sports channels, the On Demand service, access to Sky Go, Sky Email services (with the up to 9 additional email addresses), Full access to the Sky Sports and Sky News Apps ... Oh I almost forgot, exclusive coverage of Free Practice, Qualifying and Racing at 10 of the 19 F1 events.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 10 Jan 2014 at 18:17.