View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2021, 16:55 (Ref:4034302)   #1996
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A 22% drop in overall viewers is not something to be proud of, especially when you consider that more people around the world spent greater amounts of time watching the box and/or online because of the pandemic.
but what are they watching on the box? from what i know about n.america, all the major sports here saw a reduction in viewership in 2020.

people may be watching more TV, but overall they were watching less sports in 2020.

as way of comparison, the Indy 500 saw a 32% decline in 2020 and thats not as bad as what other leagues here experienced.

https://twitter.com/paulsen_smw/stat...89039410982913

but overall, i agree that the larger issue is that people are not interested the stand alone paywalls that most sports operate behind these days.

covid exposed this problem in a very glaring way.