View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3799267)   #344
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by celes1 View Post
I spoke to COYS, Bonhams and RM and there was a rare racing Ford Capri being requested to go into an auction with a staggering reserve price of £500k, it was coming from a collector restorer, but my contact said it sold privately. I have looked through numerous recent national and overseas adverts and nothing shows.
It could be that JD Classics have sold Vince’s Broadspeed car then. They bought it from the great man and have raced it over the last few seasons. The price would be about right for a car with that provenance. (I know how much JD paid for it ) A modern built Cologne spec Gp2 car also changed hands quietly last year, but don’t think for anything like that suggested money. IMHO a Special / Super Saloon would not be worth anything like your figure, even with known history and provenance. Despite their performance and looks, they have limited appeal and limited opportunities for racing. Again, my opinion.....