View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1080905)   #9
GT1
Racer

GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rahal book pretty much says it was taken from the Ferrari Indy Car if I recall correctly. I will look it up tonight as I don't have the book with me right now. They even have a photo of Sullivan ploying around in his Alfa in the same chapter as the Ferrari Indy car story entitled "We were supposed to run a Ferrari in 1987".

It mentions that the car tested, but Bobby didn't drive it, it was believed Alberto did.

The point is that of course the engine was first put into a Ferrari, then a March and finally a Lola so it would require certain changes to suit each chassis, but from everythign I have heard and read, they were fairly close to one another.

If you have any specifics on the engine I would love to be corrected as no one has all the answers and if I'm wrong or gotten bad information, I'll be glad to be corrected. Thats the way I've always heard it and thats the way it was protrayed in the book.

Back to the Alfa Group C car, the V12 @ 65 degrees, would that be the same base that was used on the 333SP two years later?

Last edited by GT1; 29 Aug 2004 at 20:37.