View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2005, 00:21 (Ref:1203376)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unforunatly, the difference between the have's and the have nots, has gotten so big, that the only way to have something resembling competition is to unfairly penalize the big guys.

I'm not sure I agree with this strategy, but I can understand why F1, like so many other series and sports, would do this. It's called parity here in the States, and its about evening up the competition, thereby making it more exciting to more fans. It's worked wonders for NASCAR, the IRL, Grand Am and even the NFL(football). Without some changes, teams like Minardi, and Jordan will fall further and further behind, until they are a complete joke, and it would be glaringly obvious to all that they don't belong in F1 anymore. Actually, there pretty close now!

Danica Patrick