View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1931241)   #8
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM Racing
I have been in contact with the university of hertfordshire about studying their motorsport engineering course but reading some comments has left me a little worried that this is completely the wrong direction to take. I can't afford to take a mickey mouse degree as I am not in the position to be able to waste time and money.
I take particular exception to the comment at the end of your thread, as I dare say will other graduates from the university of hertfordshire.......let me make this clear to you........in the big wide world of engineering, of which I'm currently well engrossed, as I graduated in 1999 from UH........ if you have a degree from the University of Hertfordshire, this is considered to be one of the best.......they run a TOP formula student team......and have excellent links to the motorsport industry through their motorsports lecturer Geoff Peters, who is a race engine expert in the feild of touring cars and lemans ........did you know that Sergio Rinland is a regular guest lecturer on motorsport engineering?........who the hell is he I hear you say.......ex F1 design engineer for Minardi, Benetton and latterly chief engineer at Sauber about 4/5 years ago, when Nick Heidfeldt was putting the Sauber on the podium.........he would not lecture on a mickey mouse course.

if you enjoy playing with spanners and race cars........go the mechanic route......if you are a tecchy like me, and have a passion for understanding how things work, and refining them to the last few percent, then go for a degree........sounds like you should be a mechanic to me.

Last edited by knighty; 7 Jun 2007 at 13:45.