View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1931469)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think I know what KAM is on about Knighty when he refers to Mickey Mouse degrees as it sounds like he is basing his experience on degrees in the graphics industry and I have meet so many people including my own daughter that have done this course, think they are going to end up at Sarchi & Sarchi or JWT's on 100k a year when the reality is they are bloody lucky to find a job at a little shop like mine or the local ProntaPrint for not so much a year doing mundane things like van liveries etc. They often then totally disallousioned (like my daughter) move on to something different. I had a guy working part time for me who had a batchelors degree from Brighton University and he told me that nothing he learnt there had any relevance in the real world of the graphics industry. I have met delivery drivers that have done the same course and could not find work in the industry as have some of my daughters friends. Actually my daughter was goingto go to Herfordshire Uni and I had a look around with here and was impressed with the motorsport course as I naturally had a quick peek at the open day.