View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4015860)   #2507
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

What is funny is the content on CatInfo.org was actually pretty balanced and not particularly alarmist. The label for that antibiotic shows clinical trials using approx 300 cats with death not listed as an adverse reaction. I have no reason to doubt the reports of death in cats. Maybe if there was a larger clinical trial it would generate the data to show how frequent (given existing data, probably much less than 1%). A trial size of 300 seems low, but I have no idea what is typical for testing of non-human drugs. I suspect the testing requirements are a bit looser.

As to human vaccines. I believe human vaccine clinical trials are likely to be in the tens of thousands. So the risks of taking one of the various vaccines that will be provided should be well known. And I fully expect not taking one will be a much higher risk.

Richard
I am not an expert, or in any way trained in medical science what-so-ever. But I do know the company I work for manages a medical trials app for one of the "big pharma" companies (there are probably some horror stories on CatInfo.org about them). I'm the person who sets up the trials. They seem to have between 200-400 people per trial. I set them up with a max number of people of 500 a time. I have no idea what the drugs or trials are as it's all codenamed. In saying that, I just see random IDs for the people so there are no guarantee that these are in use. Anecdotal evidence from someone who doesn't know much. I'm thinking of starting a website...