View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2623596)   #25
SPA-DESIGN
Rookie

SPA-DESIGN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristancliffe View Post
Be sure of the facts before making claims like that! The MSA do not require 24 month servicing, they just require the gauge to show a pressure.
I didn't mention specific organizations through out the world many have differing rules and the original question was regarding FIA approval, for your information the MSA advises you to follow manufacturer’s recommendations which are 2 years, it used to be quite clear but over the last 2 years it's become a grey area I was speaking to a senior MSA scrutineer recently who was planning to bring this very subject up at their next meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Well thats an interesting one. I have a 2.25 SPA Firesense, it has no FIA Logo, just a lable which is filled in by a permanent marker. I was sold this Item by demon tweeks just over 2 years ago as an FIA, MSA approved item. Even on SPA's website it says they are FIA approved.

This all seems to be a bit of a contradiction to be honest.

I run a formula ford, it runs on normal pump fuel, so The usual stuff from my local place with be just fine. Im not wasting £100 to get it looked at by SPA because they put some magic stuff that can extinguish methanol fire. Also mentions on their website that if the unit is over 2 years old they wont look it, again seems a joke! I wont be buying one from there again.
The 2.25 litre systems are not FIA approved there labels do not have a homologation number, we do not sell or advertise them as FIA and if you look at our website correctly you will see they are listed as MSA there is a different section for FIA systems.

3.375 / 4 litre systems are generally used for FIA events and as of 1998 the label should detail the homologation number.

There are many formulas of AFFF for differing applications we don’t use a magic stuff we use the best tried and tested formula for all applications of racing fuel, the product is a safety product maintaining it is in your best interests.

The over 2 years service policy is something applied by other manufacturers as well, there is flexibility on this subject we realize that some customers store cars for a period of time, contact us first for advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart H View Post
Think that Demon Tweeks also service SPA fire extinguisher's as well, but dont hold me to that.

Demon Tweeks return all systems manufactured by us to ourselves for service.