View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3546519)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something I didn't mention above is that not only is the Honda apparently down on ultimate power, but it could be that the larger issue has been driveability. We had Button talking about how scary the car was in Barcelona. It sounded like twitchy throttle response that was breaking the rear tires away without much warning. Driveability then seemed to be a focus of improvements as that was talked about on the lead up to Monaco. For Montreal, as mentioned above, Honda used two tokens plus reliability upgrades as I think they were back on trying to get more power. Unfortunately they were clearly still down on power and they had significant reliability issues all weekend. So I assume that in addition to pushing hard, they are also rushing changes. Maybe too fast. Another thing is that it is easy to put blame on the Honda PU, but we just don't know how capable is the new McLaren is on it's own. We may not know until Honda have addressed their issues.

Overall... I know we are just only about 1/3 of the way through, but I expect this season is a complete bust for McLaren and Honda. I just can't see them really turning things around. The real question is if they know what is wrong and if they have gone down a development dead end with the engine. I think they have five tokens left this season. Might they have to wait until the break between 2015 and 2016 season when they get a new batch of tokens and hopefully turn things around?

Richard