View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2011, 05:46 (Ref:2815083)   #415
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I remember Andy Belcher and Roger Parry's cars. I seem to remember Roger's being red, but I could be mistooken. I'll have to dig out my photo album.

Andy Pyke's was white, as was Tim Watson's. Tim's number was (and still is!) 62. Andy was 70, or was it 71, he shared the car with Phil Wright from time to time.

Al - there was a later recommendation that the plates were removed during racing, then some time after that, when we were allowed trailers, 92 seems to come to mind, the cars had to be "MoT-able", but didn't need to be taxed, etc.. just registered. It came in when the MoT regulations tightened up on emissions, because the rules allowed us carte blanche internally on the engines, it was deemed that cars then may not pass the MoT test, but would still meet the regs.
At the end, the cars were closer to ModProd spec than they were road saloons, the main difference being the interior fire hazard (trim).