View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3771715)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMG usually manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat somewhere.

But I think you would be blind if you did not admit the series has stagnated totally this year.

I think the events are doing well, but the racing is perhaps not matching that. Very predictable and you can almost name the finalists before the event has started. They have what they want, manufacturers wanted them only racing, but that offers nothing for the neutral.

Some of the tracks are decent, Riga seems good, although narrow in places and again not really encouraging racing in the pure sense, more heavy stops and one line tracks that initiate contact like Mettet and Barcelona and Portugal. This is bad.

They are dumping the rwd series, as they should have done years ago, and even S1600 seems to be suffering a little, so that might be around for too long. Do we like RX Lites? On this forum you all will no doubt because of Rook, but they are very samey and don't offer much, and offer nothing in terms of variety and sound.

I think personally IMG need to be doing more to reduce costs, VW have moved the goalposts budget wise to WRC levels, and EKS did not help that much with their approach. It is far too expensive, and to develop bespoke cars to this level costs tens of millions. VW have simply thrown that money at testing as the car was already made in effect.

Testing limit needs to be brought in, no car limit as budgets can dictate if a guy wants to lease an Audi or VW from the team for a year.

And for us, simply put, we all need to avoid the temptation of Silverstone, it's easy to buckle when you see it on the horizon, but the costs are almost insulting. SO stay away, the track looks weak, though I will say it is very dirt based, but small, compact and not very interesting. and we would be miles away from the action I am expecting.