View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3774629)   #10
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i do like the idea of placing the COTA race outside of its OCT/NOV window and thereby avoiding conflicts with NFL/collage football seasons but at the same time the mid march date you have places it in and around the first weekend of March Madness which is another huge annual sporting event.

at this point, its probably fair to say that F1 in the US (and for most of Canada) will never be much more than a very small niche sport but if there is a chance for it grow then a national broadcast when it doesnt have to go head to head with far more established and popular N.American sporting events would be beneficial.

also, the season as you have it very closely matches the NBA and NHL seasons and Sing seems to be around when the SuperBowl is played.

so admittedly this is more my (selfish) issue as someone with a lot of other N.American sports league consumption habits.
Thanks for the feedback.

I must admit that there is a selfish motivation on my side as well, since F1 summer schedule often conflicts with my summer outdoor activities.