View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3600558)   #12
rubaru
Rookie

United States
rubaru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took a careful look at all the entries, and tried to judge more on what the rules of the challenge were.

While all the entries were pretty cool, I had to rule out AoB's Formula E entry right away. Not enough of a change or extension of the track involoved. You added a little piece for a hairpin, but it goes over a railroad crossing 4 times. Also, the slalom section right across the S/F line seemed a little weird and unnecessary.

Next, I eliminated ScotBruts track. Sure, it's a pretty cool track, but it has a staggering 28 turns on the full-length circuit. Also, I think the Town Council might take issue with the amount of new track you've proposed, considering one of the rules was to keep costs at a minimum.

That leaves us with AoB's Formula 4 circuit and Szisz's "Hawkeye Street Circuit". Both were excellent uses of existing roadways with minimal changes required to make the circuit work. Remove a couple medians/curbs/islands and set up the obvious barriers and both would provide a great layout.

However, my winner for the Townsville Street Circuit Extension challenge will be SZISZ with the Hawkeye Circuit. My reason for this is because of the run-off to Turn 2 (the left-hander onto Charter Towers Rd.) on AoB's Formula 4 circuit. Cars would be approaching this turn at a pretty high speed, and the fact that the circuit is also running northbound on Charter Towers Rd would give very little in run-off.

So, Szisz, you have the honor of providing us with the next challenge. Might I suggest, though, something less that a week deadline? All of you had your entry in within 2 days and I was left a little bored waiting for more!