View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1637585)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners
I just loved those cars...

Brands Hatch Grand Prix meeting 1984 I think - watching Weaver and Sytner in practice just nailing it through Paddock right on the edge...I'm getting goose bumps remembering it - it was a fabulous sight...

...and the beautiful noise they made...

And when they saloons were lining up on the hill in the paddock before their race (ready to go through the tunnel) a number of the drivers were wearing caps with what looked like fox tails attached - always wondered what that was about...

Tourist Trophy Silverstone 1987 or maybe '86 - just before the M3 'took over' - zillions of 635's from the Continent with lovely unfamiliar paint jobs - each and every one of them looked and sounded fantastic

Different era, different cars, different tracks - I'm not going to knock modern saloons but in those days it was difficult not to fall in love with the machinery...
Yes! The sound of that engine, fantastic wasn't it?

Dear me I'm having a nostalgia overload, I'd better go and do something distracting...