View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3600625)   #20
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
London is NOT and never will be again the place to have a race track, it is too populous and far too full of rich people and foreigners for it to ever work.
Rich people and foreigners don't like motorsport?

Quote:
Also it is not industrial, it is financial, how are you going to change that overnight
By moving with the times, promoting the sport properly, the things I have mentioned. Some tracks do it well most do not.

Quote:
Europe doesn't care and never has for short ovals
I've seen some pretty big crowds which would disagree with that statement. Plus without proper promotion most people are totally unaware of short oval racing, hard to care about something if you don't know it exists.

Quote:
I agree that attitudes must change, but the people that run these places are small business men, not media moguls, they are incessantly fighting noise issues, delapidated buildings, some simply promote, they don't even own the venues so how on earth can you expect them to spend money improving a place they don't own!

I am not quite sure what 21st century short oval racing is supposed to be really. All that we need to get better is a Palmer type figure to be more ruthless, make hard decisions, and a lot of the issues are fixed. Right now you have a group of people who are content to take the money, do nothing and sit tight.
Now you are on the same page as me, though 'media moguls' are required. The media can make or break short oval racing. The whole model of the sport needs to be revolutionised. It must keep its 'working mans (and womens) entertainment' core but it must become up to date.