View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2928958)   #1
Fahrer
Rookie

Fahrer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club Highveld - South Africa

Hello, awesome forum!

I doodle roads and tracks all the time so I came upon this forum and spent the day checking out everybody's awesome creations, and even though I can't use any fancy software I thought I'd share with you my dream of a world-class race resort (something lie Ascari) in the heart of Gauteng; South Africa's smallest but most important province.

1. Club Highveld is located 1,400m above sea level, 30km from central Johannesburg and 40km from central Pretoria (the capital).
2. It's serviced by 2 international airports, the main one 40km away, and the other a mere 10km away.
3. 12 million people live in its vicinity, and a major highway, the N14, runs 5km south of the circuit. It also has three regional roads running around it, so access is easy.
4. The circuit follows the contours of the land, and uses existing dirt roads as a template for its service roads, gates, grandstand, etc...
5. It's meant to be about 6.5km long, and can't really host any major international events due to the lack of room for proper FIA-standard run off on the ascending/descending South-West part of the course. It can manage to fit 2m of grass on either side of the track surface, flanked by Armco. Think Nordschleife. The North-East can easily accommodate plenty of run off, sand traps, etc.
6. Club Highveld features lots of elevation changes.