View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2011, 05:49 (Ref:2929270)   #328
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
Wow! I certainly didn't have any knowledge that was about to happen, these were just obvious questions that were raised firstly by the "Car Of Tomorrow" posts originally posted by Mark Petch CEO VEEGA, his subsequent departure from VEEGA, and then the sudden emergence of the "new V8ST" which for all intents appeared to be the same chassis that VEEGA had been paying Paul Ceprnich/PACE to develop. Its one thing to take the ball and go home if you don't like the way the game is playing out, but to steal the bat,wickets and team uniforms on your way out of the grounds is quite something else!

I have no involvement in either of the series, other than as a motorsport enthusaiast with an occasional bit of spectating, but I can only imagine the NZV8/VEEGA fraternity must be spitting nails about this scenario.
I remember when V8ST was announced it was like a bolt from the blue, just had me confounded cause I thought we were on track for the new car of tomorrow built by the australians destined for the NZV8 championship.

Sounds like MNZ isn't involved anymore anyways with NZV8's, which is as it should be.

No doubt changes needed to be made, but the real competitors is other sports like rugby and cricket.

As I said it wasn't going to end well and looks like that will probably be the case. Shame for NZ motorsport. It could be enough to collapse support for any major national series and with it the national level support series as well.