View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2023, 04:34 (Ref:4144944)   #282
Firehawk505
Rookie

United States
west coast of the USA
Firehawk505 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm catching up on Sebring TA-2 right now. They said something about completely overhauling the points system, including having it go very deep, almost like NASCAR. I remember in the earliest days, the points seemed to go only six or so positions deep. I needto read up to see specifics. I'm always mentally redesigning Trans-Am to what I'd like to see most, and pointswise, I usually take a middl ground. Maybe 25 pts fo the winner, with points going 15 deep. Maybe a point for thosE that lead the most laps. And that's it.

That said, TA2 on its own this year isn't bad (thus far), though I'd love to see some Dodges. I just miss the variety of the 80's.

ETA: I kind of answered my own question re: points, albeit in prose:

https://racer.com/2023/02/23/preview...on-at-sebring/

Quote:
This season, Trans Am will debut a new points system which will make the series even more competitive, especially in classes with higher car counts like the Big Machine Vodka SPIKED Coolers TA2 Series. Last season, the maximum number of points available to a driver in a weekend was 35, but that number increases to 111 in 2023.

103 points are earned by winning a race, and the points awarded for each subsequent position decreases incrementally down to the 40th position, which receives one point. No points will be awarded to drivers finishing 41st and lower. This is unlike previous seasons, where the number of points awarded for a win was 30, decreasing to one point for those finishing 25th or lower.

This season will also see points awarded to the top five qualifiers, whereas previously only the top three received points. Moving forward, five points will go to the top qualifier in class, diminishing to one point going to the fifth-fastest competitor in qualifying. Finally, one point will be awarded to any driver who leads a lap, and two more points will be awarded to the driver who leads the most laps.

With higher rewards come higher penalties. Any driver under penalty for an on-track violation (including pit road speeding) in qualifying or a race session is not eligible to earn bonus points until the penalty has been assessed and served. If a vehicle receives penalties during a post-session technical inspection, that driver will lose all points earned in that session. This means that a tech failure can cost a driver everything.

Last edited by Firehawk505; 26 Feb 2023 at 05:01.