View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2002, 22:21 (Ref:319225)   #9
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ferrari and Williams are both excellent cars. Last year, the Wiiliams was markedly better on high-speed tracks. This year, things are a lot closer. It seems impossible to tell with the different rubber.

One thing strikes me though - last year, Williams and Michelin had a symbiotic relationship. Now, Michelin has to cater for others as well, and perhaps the tyre is not quite as Williams-oriented. Bridgestone, on the other hand, have copied Michelin-Williams from last year and have tailored their rubber to Ferrari.

And lastly - Michael is not as good at stringing a perfect lap together. Monty can often put his fastest segments into one fantastic lap - whereas Michael is apt to go faster here and there - but never all at once. Bit like Mansell and Senna, IMHO.

But that Williams is still an excellent machine - as they usually are.

Swings and roundabouts. I remember the years of the Williams domination, and before it Mclaren. I remeber a certain M. Schumacher struggling against better cars and having a fight to the finish. I remember Senna in a fast-but-fragile Lotus.