View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3896215)   #368
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think that what you have to bear in mind is that tasks like this can take a lot of time, and also a lot of money. Also allow for the fact that the new owner of the car also has a business to run, and more than likely other family issues to attend to (as we all do), meaning that restoring 'this old racing car' may not be their top priority.
They have found the car, let us all know that they have it, and have started on the restoration (also kindly keeping us informed of progress so far). I am sure that once there is more worth-while news to report, Pete will be back on here doing so.
(I'd also like to note that I have no connection with the owner, all I know about this project is what I've read on here, I just know from experience that it's very easy as 'an outsider' to be more enthusiastic/less patient about these things than it is for those doing the work).