Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3756492)   #5391
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Ya I've heard they're planning a GTD entry as well, but it's tough to know if that's just a customer or a Risi entry proper. They can't simply move to GTD since they've only used Pro driver lineups in the normal Risi entries... but maybe they have a customer who wants to run.

Because of the cost difference (negligible) and the limitation on driver lineups, I don't see why they'd simply drop down to GTD -- unless someone else was footing the bill.

-mike
They reported to Dagys, back in June I belive, that they were taking delivery of a GTD spec Ferrari for a collector who was interested in it racing, but not personally racing it. Sounded to me like delivery of a car for a guy to have it run on the track and gain some history, and he found a great crew to run a Ferrari. Think as Mike said, with the right customer/driver lineup the car will see the track. If not, that collector has a very nice track day toy from a great team for that car.

The cost difference between GTLM and GTD is that small? Is that the running costs or all in, car, crew, tires, etc?