View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2002, 16:59 (Ref:211697)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can anyone stick to the question? This rehashing of stiff chassis BS is old and I am sure that it had nothing to do with the deaths. Why? Because there were a rash of basal skull fractures in CART with the energy absorbing carbon fibre chassis and drivers died in NASCAR/ARCA before 2000. Why? Because the driver's heads hit things, steering wheels, roll bars, back of the headrests, or the ground in the case of some of the open wheel deaths. Bent steering wheels and steering columns were noted in the autopsy reports that I seen of Neil Bonnett and Dale Earnhardt. How much of a blow to the head does it take to produce death? Not much. In a Pop Warner football game here in my hometown, a 12 year old died from helmet to helmet contact with another 12 year old. The stiff chassis theory gets blown to hell by more obvious evidence and common sense.

Now back to the question please. If you want to discuss the stiff chassis theory, then please create one yourself so I that I can ignore it and so that my thread doesn't get highjacked by speculative BS.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 7 Feb 2002 at 17:11.