View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2127713)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Unfortunately giving competitors the vote as to what happens in a championship/series can also give it the kiss of death and I should know as this was the start of the rot setting in in ModProds when a group of determined people backing a mate and also joining the club to get a vote forced something through that was alien to the original concept of the regs I laid down.

When we set the whole thing up it was based on being a driver demorcratic championship but sadly this did not work out especially when one of the first things to go was the buying/selling plate rule because in the end some people unfortunately need to be protected from the excesses of their own spending, they just cannot help themselves.

I have now come round to the think that a better system is like we have in CTCRC which is as in government we elect a committee to make decisions not have a vote on every rule change. This is not to say suggestions cannot be made or put to the floor at the AGM but the final decision good or bad must be made by the commitee and if you don't like as I pray will happen to 'Our Ken' in London, vote them out next year. Can you imagine what it would be like if every decision taken in parliament had to be put to the people via a referendum!