View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2909546)   #181
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm sure Oreca would have no problem dumping their semi-works Peugeots if Porsche wanted them to run a factory LMP1 program for them. That would seem like a no-brainer unless there is some other conflicting business such as a partnership with Nissan (a hot rumor at the moment) or if Porsche had an issue with Oreca selling unrelated pure privateer LMP1/LMP2 chassis. I believe Oreca still has a relationship with Audi? Maybe not?
I think your underestimating the Peugeot Oreca relations.
Oreca has been close to running a Peugeot Engine in their own chassis. Something i believe Oreca would want more than being "a slave" for a manufacture. (a slave in the sense that they are not free to run the team as they like)