View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2013, 02:42 (Ref:3188757)   #761
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
To offer a top of the ladder open wheeler series in North America, to offer a multi-discipline series that requires talent on ovals, on road courses, and on street courses.

How does it exist? At the behest of its teamowners, sponsors, series owners, patrons & benefactors. Like most other series I should think.
Good answer, but it sounds a bit like something out of the PR dept at IndyCar. I still wonder where the demand for such a series originates. Clearly it is not among the fans, as they do not go to the races or watch on TV. Sponsors, for the most part have been difficult to attract and retain (See: Izod).

What you are posting here is the reasoning behind having such a series.

Who is demanding it? It seems to me that this is a series being offered in a vacuum of fan and sponsor interest.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.