View Single Post
Old 20 May 2001, 20:57 (Ref:94570)   #15
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!

Sensational racing from start to finish, plus the rare sight of no less than three Auto-Unions blasting round the track.

High point for me has to be the battle between the two Bugatti T35s for the Williams Trophy. They were swapping places throughout the lap, every lap. Resulted in the best commentary line of the day "ooh, and the gap's been opened up now, to at least... oooh... twenty inches."

(This was a race for the lead, I might add.)

What else? Barrie Williams in the Connaught snatching a place from the Tec-Mec Maserati at Macleans in a thoroughly audacious move. The fact that the Tec-Mec was able to pull away later mattered not. I haven't seen such a perfect pass in ages.

The gentle, refined squabble for place between 90 year old Tom Delaney in his Lea Francis and Chloe Mason in the Aston Martin Ulster for the 5 lap handicap. Not often you see Tom contesting a place these days, but he was doing an admirable job today racing against a young lady 65 years his junior...

The Bentley-Napier popping and banging through the Craners, leaving a trail of smoky puffs in its wake.

The sheer speed and power of the stackpipe BRM P57...

All in all, an incredible weekend. When's the next one, please?

And by no means least amongst the delights of the weekend, the inimitable company of Carrie, Craig Antill, Danielsun and Bluebottle for the Saturday. Hope I've persuaded you all to come back next year, folks!