Thread: Spa 6 hours
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3674155)   #177
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Having seen how you take chicanes at Le Mans, I just assumed you had done something similar, and had to "escape" down the pit lane to recover!!!!
Hey- that utube clip is our little secret! Shush.....

I've now found the results on RIS and had a good look at the (our) GTS11 class. Even more chuffed now, looking at what's behind us! Early leader for class honours was Keith Ahler's Morgan +4, 'TOK', but they suffered a broken starter lead. No problem in itself, but when the car was 'bump' started the jolt broke something in the gearbox... Honours were then inherited for a while by John Emberson's Morgan SLR, fresh from a major summer rebuild. Unfortunately they couldn't last the distance either, the car shedding the left rear wheel and hub. That left Tom Smith's quick and reliable MGB in the lead, followed by 6hr debutant Simon Orebi Gann's Morgan +4. (The flame spitting red car in Juha's pics..) I heard third hand (so can't verify truth) that the MGBs engine was just about to expire when the last lap was called, but the car had a lap in hand so at that point could have won the class while parked up somewhere... 3rd went to the first of the fast but presumably not quite so reliable Marcos 1800s, and 4th to the first of the 911 hoard. So only one 'B' in front of Gilbert!