View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3746632)   #4
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Some really good points made there, but I often think sportscar fans are at their worse when they make constant comparisons to F1.

It's obvious we prefer it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Personally, I like how much Le Mans and F1 contrast. Le Mans is completely its own universe. I love the paradox of it being one of the most famous sporting events in the world while also somehow being a secret that no one really knows about, and hearing about people being blown away after their first visit.
Agreed. It's not F1, and the less it has to do with F1 the better.

And speaking of newbies being blown away, my brother-in-law, who has no interest in motor racing, came back for a third time this year. He was as surprised as I was.