Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 6 May 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3820300)   #438
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Correct. Not Ginetta's fault. Manor was the one to screw up!
It doesn't matter who made mistakes where, if Ginetta as brand wants to race at Le Mans - or LMP at all - again, they need to help them. This is not the time to be greedy and not open the money drains, it is absolutely required for their own good, saving public image.

If they don't hand out the cash bags and other assistance to Manor, I'd imagine the team to still be able to enter LM at least with one car (if ACO lets them) because you know it's Le Mans after all, sponsors will want to have presence there. But after that I'd expect immediate bail out from the championship.

Later on (even in this 18-19 season), after Manor's possible exit from the scene, I suppose Ginetta could request entry from the ACO and run pseudo semi factory team of their own... but it may be too late then. And in any case, better to do your homework now, not later

Last edited by Deleted; 6 May 2018 at 11:24.