View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2016, 10:39 (Ref:3676224)   #14
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Have to admit, you look at that Citroen and you think, is this WTCC all over again! All that budget going into two cars! I think them and Hyundai have come up with a similar concept, a longer than current, low, wide car. Whereas the Toyota looks just like a current car, small, boxy and short wheelbase. Looks like the Suzuki SX4 and that looked wrong from the start, too short and small.

Therefore I am thinking 2017 is a learning year for Toyota, the car looks wrong, and I think they will do the same as they did in F1, start with a base car, nothing flash, prove the mechanicals and the concept, then build a proper car and get in some decent drivers.
Interesting thoughts chunder, I tend to agree. I joked a while back that the cars are getting smaller and smaller and that it would get to a point in time where we would struggle to distinguish the real ones from their radio-controlled racing versions. The Toyota is already there in that respect.

Maybe they will come out and surprise everyone with their pace especially on tarmac. Let's wait and see.