View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3801315)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Yeah I don't have a SBD subscription but summarizing from the NASCAR Reddit thread:
- This would involve the sale of NASCAR, SMI, and ISC as a single entity for $3-5B
- Comcast is rumored to be interested
- NASCAR kind of knows they are in a tough spot after their TV contract expires in 2022

I still don't know where IMSA, Road Atlanta, and Sebring ownership fits into this whole structure. However, I would guess that it was bought and is still solely owned by Jim France. No one is really positive what the NASCAR ownership structure actually looks like. There are a lot of rumors that certain members of the family named "Brian" have sold out.

Anyways, this would drastically shake up the Motorsports picture in the United States if it were to happen and as far as M&A deals go, it makes a lot of sense for all three entities in play at this point in time. NASCAR needs a shakeup and this would certainly be that.
IMSA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nascar, which is a private corporation so we will never know its structure. That being said, I'm assuming a sale would include all parts of Nascar.

ISC is a publicly traded company where several members of the France family serve on the board. SMI is also a publicly traded company with no one from Nascar on the board. Neither of these companies could be part of a single sale. I think this would actually discourage a sale of Nascar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This is my only concern.

For a series that 2 decades ago was quite possibly the most popular national series in the world to what it is today is sad. I'm over the sadness, but hope it doesn't drag my home track down with it.
As long as Road Atlanta stays part of the Nascar organization, I think all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Whyyyyyyy does Road Atlanta keep having this concern? I mean, I get it, there are real estate possibilities, but still.... How many more years does Petit Le Mans have to be a world-class, relevant event to get immunity from this stuff like Sebring and Daytona do?

It would go a long way to losing my interest in the sport if Road Atlanta went away, despite Petit Le Mans being such a major event. And yes, when I saw "Nascar for Sale?" in thread titles, I immediately went right to this thought too. Road Atlanta should be above this concern at this point.
Those two tracks are not being swallowed up by a growing metropolis. You can help by not moving here. Tell your friends too. It's not that I don't like you, we're just full.