View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3697630)   #30
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Too many classic events competing with each other is my hobby horse too!

I notice that RR is terming itself as 'Race Retro celebrates the very best of international historic motorsport' which is of course the same title as the show attached to the London CCS...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water - another new show is starting in London at Olympa 17-19 Feb 2017 - the Olympia Historic Automobile - based around a Coys auction (yes yet another auction) and pitched at the moneyed end of the classic motoring and motorsport faternity. So that is 3 shows in two weeks and of course there is retromobile on 8th to 12th Feb....

RR - I have been several times in recent years and 2017 is Clarion's first time so I suspect they will feel their way and not change much in the short term. It needs investment to try and take it to a different level but as Chunder says, what can you do, is it worth it, does the location and venue pretty much fix the level of the show and attendance. Since LCCS and their new motosport halls add on, this has taken RR's USP of being the kick off event of the year for classic motorsport and motoring to a certain extent.

Will they keep it at Stoneleigh in the long term - who knows - it is probably contracted to be there for a few years - but if the London event impacts on attendance and exhibitors, maybe they will keep the name and bolt it on to the NEC and encourage clubs to put any motorsport content into RR, alongside new content and make it an end of season bash?