View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2736351)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im not sure how much the money/costs would matter. if anything spending that much may require them to enter more events.

one of the things we see with golf is that the players need to develop a rhythm in order to make a run at one of the major tournaments. as a result you will see a very high attendance by the top people to a number of the relatively smaller events leading up to a major. rhythm and practice against your competitors will still be necessary and provide added incentive to turn up.

although it may be more difficult to organize the shared transport costs, the fact that teams might be more on their own in this respect could have the knock on effect of requiring less staff and equipment at each race and ultimately make the sport cheaper.