View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2011, 03:45 (Ref:2927919)   #261
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree with your comments there Goat Boy (and i will look out for goats when i next go 'racing'!)

Having the privaledge of seeing the car in the flesh and experiencing the test day at Hammies with Murph was just great. Especially when i was still 'high' from Shanes win in the Supercar class at the ITM400 days beforehand.

These cars represent forward thinking and IMO, will eventually push the BNT's out of contention for tier 1 - even with their new gimmicky car of the future, which will be nothing special.

The support from across the Tassie is also becoming evident and hats off to Johnny Mac in his interview alongside Giz at the recent Townsville 400, basically making out that there will be bugger all difference between a supercar and a supertourer......in fact hinting that in NZ we are actually kind of one step ahead of the aussies who still have to firm up CoTF.

As part of my job i get to travel the country and promote the series when i can - the support (esp in the South Island) is phenomenal and the guys in Invercargill are gutted that they wont make it to Teretonga, which is a shame but i believe there are some politics there.

Once the series goes 'live' and its plastered all over TV screens i think we will see an evolution in NZ touring car motorsport, and the fans should flock to these events.

And when you combine this innovation with what Hayden Paddon and Mitch Evans are doing overseas it starts to make NZ look very good for such a small population base.