View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2011, 04:20 (Ref:2927922)   #263
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fan View Post
I see alot of good things with the Supertourers but I am still concerned over what damage the split will do.

With the Supertourers only going to HD and Ruapuna that may count against them, obviously politics around the split stops them using other venues.

I think the ownership model at HD causes some issues regarding gate revenue and hence why Summer Series not using it.

At the moment I think the biggest issue for the Supertourers is no confirmed TV coverage, while I am sure they are working on that, until they have this I think its a problem for sponsorship.

Lets hope all parties work together for the best outcome for the sport, not for individuals or specific groups.
I agree a split is not a great thing, it certainly damaged the Indy/Champ Cars [as well as the rugby league (Winfield Cup)] for years when it occured a few years back. But I guess splits happen for a reason, and it's usually due to frustration with lack of change at the top. Ideally there would be talks between NZST and VEEGA and they'd come to an agreement after the upcoming season. But that might be a bit much to hope for...

I would think that TVNZ might want to pick up coverage for the series, they have precious little other motorsport now that hasn't gone to TV3, yet for all that they did do a good job when Dave Turner was in charge of the motorsport. I have to say I'd take Geoff Bryan over Clint Brown any day as a front man!

Live coverage is too expensive for what it brings, but if you can get someone like Sports Media to put six cameras around the circuit and sell that package they could run it the week after, which would enable you to see the race live and then on TV, which I quite like the idea of.

I hope it works out well anyway, these things have the potential to be quicker than a V8 Supercar around a circuit like Hampton Downs in particular due to the lower kerb weight.

Anyone know a torque/weight ratio for comparison?