View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3418237)   #120
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shall we begin? :P

1. This was envisioned as a test track, providing a good mix of corners. It can be raced, but I wouldn't imagine the full straight being used, probably opting to take the hairpin halfway down, or short cut it completely. The straight is indeed long, 1.6km, and the pit straight is just over 400m, but bear in mind that the first kink would be flat out on the first lap.

2. I forgot to mention that these are all unfinished (are they ever finished?? ) and this was an experiment to see if I could squeeze in an optional chicane in the little runoff available. Would only be used on the short loop, and even then only if the race organisers deem it necessary. This is personally one of my favourite designs to date.

3. The optional chicane you mentioned is tight because I really wanted the cars to slow down (also aids in overtaking). That fast right is not only at the end of a long straight, but also at the bottom of a steep (ish) downhill slope. I totally agree with your opinion on the extra loop section. Although optional, it seems unnecessary, a more open chicane would probably be more appropriate.

4. It wasn't meant to be indy, honest! The shortcut wasn't originally there. When I added it later I saw it instantly! I'm glad you liked the final turn(s). Could you explain what you mean by "The return to he second straight could have a bit more to it" ?

Thanks for the feedback, as always. I'll have circuit lengths soon.