View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3722201)   #65
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Is being instructed to hold position not team orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume you are asking me. BSchneiderFan may have a different opinion.

Given team orders can range from the extreme of "pit this lap" to "allow your teammate to pass", I would say holding position is a "team order". I don't disagree with your comment at the top of this page other than the sureness that there was an order of any type.

The context of the general discussion however has been if Bottas was told to not pass or pressure Hamilton due to a preference for Hamilton to finish in front of Bottas. My opinion is that real or implied driver ranking within the team was likely not a significant factor in any orders at the end of this race... if any orders even existed. I would assume that constructor points was the prime motivation with respect to late race strategy.

Richard