View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3765789)   #255
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Ok. I'll take you seriously when you pay attention. The reason for 2 events in the smaller stadium is that it was QLD turn to host 2 events. When NSW hosts 2 events then there is more opportunity to fit more people in.

Calm down. Speak about what you know...not what you think you know.
So why did they go to WA a few years back. Also, don't tell me to pay attention, I have read what Peckstar posted about the TV ratings dropping, showing that it is losing ratings. You want to put it down to ONE event, Bathurst made 3.1 million viewers last year in Australia, in Australia for the origin this year they hit 2.448 average with a peak of 3.6 million in the last game. So from an average point of view Bathurst is higher. 2017 isn't over yet, and our ratings only go off who tunes in to a show in Australia. After last years 1000 it will be close to a record breaker again.

As for costs of a venue, in any sport, whether it be V8s, Football, Cricket, Tennis, I suggest you research and have a look at some costs. At a bare minimum for club league sports we look at about $10,000 to hire a location for a season (in cricket at least, I play but the organisers don't hold back the cost 'secret') I would accept it if you even asked your local clubs as that is what I consider some research, ask your local raceway how much they pay to operate it, I don't know the exact operation number for my local track as I don't get involved in that, couldn't care less about managing cost myself as it isn't my area, but it needs to be looked at by someone. I would imagine it isn't cheap, after all, most tracks are paying around about $1 million to keep up to CAMs specification according to speedcafe. Its all fine and good to sit there and say this beats this, but when you look into it further, costs, all those things are a contributing factor.

My experience in years 9 and 10, 13 and 14, I went to the Football for a trip. In both years, numbers weren't that spectacular at Suncorp stadium, it was a regular game but close to the end of the season, and there was no more, probably less then you'd see at Clipsal or Townsville V8s.